Yearly reflections 2022
As the new year approaches, I'm getting excited to see what it has in store. But before I charge ahead, I like to take a moment to reflect on the past year. By thinking back on my experiences, I can better understand what has happened and be better prepared for the future.
As I think about the past year, I am struck by all the amazing moments and experiences that have enriched the year 30 of my life. I am grateful for the good times and the lessons I have learned from the more difficult ones.
Here are a few of my and professional highlights (and lowlights) from the past year 2022:
- Lived and worked remotely in 🇹🇷 Turkey for 2 months
- Completed five freelance design projects for five different clients, including two well-known companies in Denmark and worldwide
- Continued co-building Best Writing with my friend Tom
- Participated in Copenhagen 🕺 Salsa Festival
- Had 2 work-vacations in 🇪🇸 Malaga and Alicante
- Hiked ⛰️ in south of Spain
- Moved in to new co-living community in 🇩🇰 Copenhagen
- Learned to play 🎾 Padel tennis
- Celebrated my 🎂 30th birthday with some of my best friends and family.
- Visited my family in 🇱🇹 Lithuania multiple times
- Took my grandma to 💆 SPA retreat for several days
- Finally designed, developed, launched my personal website and shared the process in public
- Learned more about designing and building modular Design Systems
- Met some amazing new people on 🐦 Twitter
- Saw my first big football match live in 🏟️ Sevilla stadium
- Ran our own GTP-3 hackathon weekend with my friend, and co-founder
- Lived a minimalistic lifestyle with purchasing and owning very little
- Enjoyed balanced food diet (Mostly Pegan)
- Started 🥊 boxing classes
- Had a particularly bad sleeping habits which affected my productivity and immune system
- Was sick with the flu for the entire Christmas season
- It was difficult to balance freelance work and building a business
- Didn’t improve my Danish
- Didn’t reach a sustainable 10K MRR with my business
- Didn’t exercise regularly
In addition to the ups and downs, here are some of my most valuable discoveries in 2022:
🔍 Top picks
- Top podcasts: Rework, Syntax, MFM, UI Breakfast, Modern Web, The Bootstrapped Founder
- Top Books: Building a Second Brain by Tiago Forte, Anything You Want by Derek Sivers, Make by levelsio.
- Top Youtube channels: Fireship, t3.gg, Sam Selikoff, Wes Bos,
- Top Products: Youtube Subscription,
I am incredibly grateful for all of the amazing experiences I have had. However, there are also some disappointments that I am still reflecting on. As I look towards the new year, I am determined to work on improving those areas and making the most of every opportunity that comes my way.